Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Horrible Haircut Day...

Well... we had a VERY traumatic experience this morning... Danny needed to get a haircut... and Carter's been needing one too... his hairs getting so long and poofy and we thought it was time to get it actually cut.... He's always done well when I just do it here... so we didn't think it'd be a HUGE issue... BOY WERE WE WRONG!!
Imagine taking your kids to get shots... x's 10...
(about 15 seconds in...)
(VERY Unhappy boy... it's ok bud I don't look good in teal either...)
(We tried having him sit with Danny holding him... and his head.. since he was thrashing so much he now has a big gouge in the back of missing hair... and a few nics on the ears... so we had to forcibly hold his head in place while she tried as best she could to finish fast..)
We weren't above bribing.. suckers, his Dale stuffed animal, a Pinocchio book...
We finally took a break at this point... Danny got his hair cut and I walked around trying to get C to stop sobbing uncontrollably... we finally got most of the sniffles under control with an episode of Yo Gabba on my phone... But when I sat down with him at the chair while watching it... he didn't fall for our tricks and freaked again... (obviously pictures were not a priority at this point... getting the screaming, terrified kid OUT of that chair WAS!)...
Here's Carter pouting after he was done... I think he was sad he didn't have his beautiful mane of hair anymore ;) I hated the haircut by the way.
While Carter and Dadda got in the shower... I ran to Target and got him a few of his favorite things... popcorn, peanut butter M&M's, soda, and we put on some Yo Gabba Gabba and put Dale beside him... and Carter had his own little pity party...
About 1/2 a bag of peanut butter M&M's, ALOT of soda, and many handfuls of popcorn later life was getting better... coincidentally those were a few of Daddy's favorite things as well... so they chowed down together.
Needless to say, Carter won't be getting another "professional" haircut for quite a while... I'll stick to my makeshift haircuts for a while. He's now taking a long nap and hopefully doesn't have any nightmares over this!!

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

if it makes you feel any better Brock is 3 1/2 and he does the same thing.....he finally didn't cry this last time but I still had to have him in my lap and I get hair all over me, so I can totally feel your pain!

The Chalmers Family said...

aww poor Carter...

Audrey Crisp said...

Lol!!! His own pity party? You are awesome! Poor little guy! He's still a cutie. Boo for haircuts!

The Forbes said...

oh poor carter. still looks darn cute with his new haircut.

layout

music