Saturday, June 25, 2011

Destroying the Diaper Rash

Hey if any of ya'll have dealt with your kids having Diaper Rash... you know it SUCKS! Carter kept getting flare ups and NOTHING helped. We tried EVERYTHING. The doc gave him a few topical prescriptions, tried all the remedies, changed diapers/wipe brands... nothing. It was so sad ;(

Then my mom mentioned making my own... I gave it a try and I don't know that I'll ever go back. He hasn't had a flare up in months now. Anyhew... You can google all the remedies... some of them are wierd and complicated.... but this is what I do and it's worked GREAT:

Buy BOUNTY papertowels (preferrably the choose your own size, they are they closest to normal wipe size). Not the Basic. One of the blogs stressed using Bounty and I scoffed, thinking it wouldn't matter, but... the blogger was RIGHT. In the battle of paper towels... Bounty is the best. (Though I ONLY buy the Bounty for the wipes... I'll use the cheaper ones for everyday use...It's only cuz you saturate the towels and they hold up better ;) OK enough of my Ode to Bounty...

Unroll the Bounty roll and just fold em so they are accordian style... once they're stacked cut them in half... so they'll fit in your wipes container.

Boil 2-3 cups water, and drop a few Tbsp of Baby Oil in. (You could add Tea Tree/Eucalyptus Oil if you REALLY want, but I don't... becuase I'm lazy and cheap).

Just pour it over the paper towels (that you've placed in your wipes container). You can put the lid on and flip it upside down for a bit to make sure the water get soaked in...

Thats pretty much it. They stay moist due to the Baby Oil... in case you are worried they will dry out. Cheaper than wipes... and less chance of a diaper rash... I'm in.

It takes like... 5-10 minutes. If that.

Just thought I'd share. I brewed some up last night and was thinking how glad I was I gave it a try ;)

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

That's so clever! I'll have to keep that in mind! Thanks!

layout

music