Saturday, January 30, 2010

Carter WIlson Stoddart - December 21st, 2009





Well... it's taken me FOREVER to put anything up on the blog... but here I go... We had our sweet little boy on December 21st, 2009. I was due the 14th so he was exactly a week late. I was actually set to be induced at 10pm that night, but... at 3am that morning my water broke and we headed for the hospital... and at 11pm on the dot this cutie was born! He also now shares his birthday with his favorite uncle Brandon ;) Carter was 7lbs, 7oz and 21 inches long... so... long and skinny!! We were shocked he was so skinny since I was such a chub.. and everyone thought he was gonna be a 9-10 pounder... turns out I had a TON of amniotic fluid so it threw the doc off. (NOT complaining... I don't know HOW my mom had me at 19 inches and 10 pounds... and NO epidural).
SPEAKING of EPIDURAL... that is the best. I see NO reason to go au natural unless it's necessary. YOU CRAZY if you do! It made things MUCH easier. Though I don't know if it just is that painful, or my epidural just started to wear off since I got it 9 hours before he came out, but by the time I hit 9-10 cms, I was FEELIN that pain!! Thus the final picture... this was me relieved that that pain was instantly over...
It's such a crazy, indescribable feeling... but as soon as you hold that sweet little baby in your arms it's all worth it!!! So crazy.
I love him to bits... And we were SO glad to get out of the hospital the next day. It took alot of nagging but we were able to get out by nighttime on the 22nd.
I had Danny, my mom and Tif there most of the day and they were just great... (oh and Ricky too... he's a trooper.. he sat out in the lobby the whole day... I don't think he realized what he signed up for.)
The whole experience just made me realize even more how awesome my parents are... It was so good to have them there and meet the first grandbaby!





No comments:

layout

music